no images were foundJackson is dancing a jig in today’s photo, probably because it’s CrossFit Games season! And if by some horrible chance you don’t know what that means (or even if you do), check out this video and get some CrossFit Games excitement running through your veins. So how does this affect you? I’m glad you asked – because if you’re getting an “Rx” after your time on the daily board, and you feel the burning desire to see how you compare to millions (?) of CrossFitters around the world, then you should register to compete in The Reebok CrossFit Games Open. You can find all the details on their website, but here’s a nutshell version of how it will work at CFMC:
- Each Tuesday evening for 6 weeks (starting March 15), the powers that be will post the workout for that week.
- On Thursday, we will be running that workout in the gym for everyone, whether you’re participating in the Open or not.
- If you are participating in the Open, you will have a judge assigned to you for the duration of the workout. (see rules below)
- After the workout, you will submit your time/score to the Reebok CrossFit Games Open website. When you do that, I will receive a notification of the time/score you submitted, and will compare that score with the score I recorded for you, and then validate it.
- Repeat the following week.
Here are the rules for each week (for now):
- You must have a judge for your workout. Workouts performed without an approved judge present will not be validated.
- A judge will be provided ONLY during the 4:00p, 5:00p, 6:00p, and 7:00p classes on Thursday. There will be no judges provided at the noon class.
- Movement standards for the workouts will be reviewed in detail beforehand. Be sure you understand the standards before beginning the workout, and practice them in front of your judge.
- Your judge’s opinion is the only one that matters. If you argue with your judge, your score will not be validated and you will be effectively disqualified from the Open. This is not up for debate.
- Non-members wishing to compete in the Open must contact Danielle (via email or phone – 301-309-0697), and must pay the normal drop-in rate of $20 per visit.
- For CFMC members: If you cannot make it to one of the Thursday classes, you may make arrangements to do the workout at another time. A $20 fee will be due at the time of your rescheduled workout – contact Danielle to make these arrangements.
That’s all that pops into my head at this moment. If I think of anything else, I’ll be sure to add it to the list. Good luck everyone – this is going to be a lot of fun!