no images were foundIt’s the moment you’ve all been waiting for: the final results from the Paleo Challenge. First of all, a reminder that the top male and female in each category (“participation” and “body fat loss”) will win $200 cash each.
For the “Participation” category, the scores were tallied from the points from the logs you turned in (or didn’t turn in) each week. As a fun metric, we also calculated the “percent participation” from these scores to determine how well you played the game (or perhaps, “how much effort you gave”). It appears that Jeff and Lindsay changed their priorities around to make “eating paleo”, “posting recipes” and “working out” fall only slightly behind “breathing” and “going to the bathroom.” Out of the 617 points possible, Jeff had a total of 592 (for a remarkable 96% Participation) and Lindsay had 558 (90% Participation). Congratulations you two – you most definitely win this category, and you can both take Danielle and me out to a Paleo-friendly dinner with your winnings.
The winners of the “Body Fat Loss” category had the greatest difference between their final and initial total skinfold measurements from the 4 testing sites (triceps, biceps, subscapular and iliac crest). Only the direct measurements were used in consideration of the winners in order to keep it objective, since the accuracy of converting those measurements into a percentage of body fat is somewhat less than perfect. Also for a fun metric, we calculated the “percent improvement” over the initial measurement. Tony G. wins for the men, having a difference of 20mm (40% improvement!) in his measurements, and Michell wins for the women, with a difference of 28mm (18% improvement). Congratulations to both of you – you may also take Danielle and I out for dinner sometime with your winnings.
But wait, there’s more! A new prize category has been added called “Relentless Perseverance.” This category reflects the male and female who have the highest combined participation and body fat loss (based on the percentage metrics I mentioned). I wish I had made this one of the categories from the beginning, because this is the best reflection of your overall dedication to change your life for the better, in my opinion. Emily had 523 points (85% Participation) and a skinfold difference of 13mm (14% improvement) for a total score of 99%, and is the women’s winner for Relentless Perseverance. Eric had 556 points (90% Participation) and a skinfold difference of 12mm (31% improvement) for a total score of 121%, and is the men’s winner. You both win $50 cash and the t-shirt of your choice from the website, and the opportunity to take Danielle and I out for coffee (since your winnings won’t cover dinner).
Congratulations to all of our winners, and to everyone else as well. You all took huge deliberate steps toward improving your lives and that can only lead to better things. I can’t wait to see how much more you can improve.