no images were foundAs I was sitting around pondering the daily happenings at the gym, it occurred to me that we don’t do enough burpees. Upon further reflection, it also occurred to me that there are several opportunities to allow you to do burpees (if you insist on it), and who am I to deprive you of your beloved movement? Henceforth, I will no longer stand in the way of your obvious and burning desire for burpees, and promise to facilitate the opportunity whenever you ask.
So just to be clear, here are five (not THE five, just five) ways to ask for burpees:
- Not introducing yourself to an unfamiliar face = 20 burpees.
- Forgetting to sign into the attendance kiosk before you start the warm-up = 20 burpees.
- Saying “I can’t…” whenever a coach gives you a cue, a suggestion for how much weight to do the WOD with, takes a band away for pullups, etc. = 20 burpees.
- Public complaining, whining, bitching, or anything that resembles any of those before, during, or after a workout = 20 burpees.
- Leaving your equipment out or not otherwise cleaning up after yourself = 20 burpees.
I sincerely hope that this satisfies your apparent unquenchable thirst for burpees. Fear not though, for I promise to grant your request for burpees in other ways as well if you really want more.
P.S. Not watching this video with Lindsay completely conquering the world with her first muscle-up yesterday = 20 burpees. Congratulations Lindsay!